Where we are

St Matthew is located at the center of the historic Guildford townsite, in the middle of the picaresque Stirling Square. Originally built in 1850, it was rebuilt in 1860, and then again 1873. A detailed history is available from the Swan Guilford Historical Society.

Adjacent to the Church is a Function Hall comprising a large main hall with a stage, a smaller supper room containing two open fireplaces and a kitchen. The hall has wooden flooring throughout.

St Matthew’s is a consecrated Anglican church and cannot be hired as a standalone venue. Couples wishing to get married here choose to get married according to the Anglican wedding practices and certain restrictions will apply.